- Export & Import Policy & other problems pertaining to Electronics Hardware & Computer Software Sector;
- Budget Proposals relating to the Sector for the Union Budget
- Anti-Subsidy Cases relating to the Sector;
- Examination of proposals of the Electronics & Computer Software Export Promotion Council (ESC), New Delhi regarding Market Development Assistance (MDA);
- Examination of proposals of the Electronics & Computer Software Export Promotion Council (ESC), New Delhi regarding Market Access Initiative (MAI)
- Participation in the meetings of Working Committee of ESC and Software Technology Parks of India (STPI)/Inter-Ministerial Standing Committee
- Participation in the Appraisal Committee of Modified Special Incentive Package Scheme (M-SIPS) meetings convened by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY)
- Participation in Steering Committee for Clusters (SCC) convened by the (DeitY);
- Project proposals from Industry Associations for export promotion in the Sector;
- Representation from Industry/ ESC regarding constraints/ problems relating to Export Promotion; and
- Issues concerning the Sector for bilateral/multilateral trade promotion/Trade barrier.
- Room No : 35, Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
- Tel : 23063215
- Email: shahr[at]nic[dot]in
- Room No : 542-A, Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
- Email: moc_epecsw[at]nic[dot]in
- Room No : 223-C, Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
- Tel : 23062929
- Email: renu[dot]lata[at]gov[dot]in
- Room No : 32-A, Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
- Email: shyam[dot]lal-upsc[at]gov[dot]in
|YEAR||COMPUTER SOFTWARE||ITES||TOTAL||ELECTRONIC HARDWARE|
|RS. CR.||US$ MLN||RS. CR.||US$ MLN||RS. CR.||US$ MLN||RS. CR.||US$ MLN|
Electronics and Computer Software Export Promotion Council (ESC), has emerged as the premier nodal agency to promote trade of information technology and Electronics between India and the rest of the world. Headquartered at Delhi, the Council has regional offices at Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Kolkata as well as a representative office in Dubai. ESC has a membership base of over 2000 manufacturers and exporters covering the entire gamut of Electronics, Telecom and Software Industry (including: consumer electronics, electronic components, instrumentation, telecommunication hardware & services, computer hardware, computer software and information technology enabled services).
Starting in 1989, with an export performance of US$ 200 million, ESC has successfully steered the direction of India’s electronics and software and services export to reach an all time high of over US$ 143 billion during 2018-19. Under the aegis of the Council, the exports have reached more than 220 countries across the world establishing the hallmark of India’s quality and competitiveness. It is indeed a matter of pride that ESC’s members together contribute over 25 per cent in India’s total export earnings.
- One-stop source of information on Trade related information and trade facilitation
- Helping hand to members for participation in:
- International trade fairs / Exhibitions
- Buyer-Seller meets
- Catalogue shows
- Business delegations abroad
- A platform between the industry and the Government to help members in policy and procedural matters
ESC acts as an implementation agency for the export promotional activities in India and overseas under the various programmes of the Govt. of India.
MAI : Market Access Initiative
ESC keeps its members abreast of the latest developments in the world economic scenario and inform members about
- Latest happenings
- Trade enquiries
- Global tenders
ESC acts as a facilitator to facilitate Joint Ventures, Collaborations, Sub-Contracting tie-ups, technology transfer etc.
- ICT EXPO HONG KONG : During the month of April, 2019 ESC EPC organised participation of 27 Indian ICT Exporters in ICT Expo Hong Kong, 13-16 April, 2019.
- EDS USA: USA is one of the largest consumer of electronic components. To enable Indian electronic components exporters enter into the US market for electronic components, ESC organised India’s 1st Pavilion in Electronics Distributors Show (EDS) held in Las Vegas from 7-10 May 2019. 18 Indian electronics component companies showcased their products at the show and met electronic distributors, manufacturers and representatives from US and around the world.
- SOURCE INDIA TURKEY: ESC organised 9 member companies participation in Source India Turkey during the 88th edition of Izmir International Fair at Izmir, Turkey from 06th-10th September, 2019. The event was inaugurated by Ms Vanaja K Thekkat, Deputy Chief of Mission, Indian Embassy, Turkey.
- Global Sources Hong Kong – Startup Launchpad: ESC organised India’s first ever Country pavilion in Global Sources Hong Kong – Startup Launchpad, 18-21 October 2019. 18 companies participated in the event.
- MIPCOM : ESC organised participation of 10 member companies in MIPCOM 2019 which took place during 14-17 October 2019, Palais des Festivals, Cannes, France. MIPCOM is the global market for entertainment content across all platforms.
- MWCUSA : ESC organised participation of 27 Indian ICT Companies in the event which was held from 22-24 October 2019. MWC Los Angeles 2019provided the attendees an opportunity to explore the powerful combination of high-speed 5G networks, the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI) and big data. Nearly 22,000 industry influencers and business professionals were inspired by next level innovation and thought-leadership that will impact our digital experiences, society and the world.
- INDIASOFT ROADSHOWS: ESC in association with Embassy of India, Washington DC, ESC organised INDIASOFT Roadshows in various US States during 9-19 October 2019 with an objective to mobilise participation of US and Canada based ICT buyers in INDIASOFT 2020. The Road Shows were organised in Nowak, New Jersey, Washington DC covering the State of Maryland and Virginia, Atlanta, Georgia and Toronto, Canada.
- CEBIT ASEAN THAILAND : ESC organised participation of 18 Indian ICT Companies in CEBIT ASEAN Thailand, 27-29 November 2019. The event provided the participants an excellent opportunity to promote their ICT products and services in the ASEAN market.
- B2B Meet in MOZAMBIQUE : The Council organised a 4 member delegation visit to Mozambique for a B2B Meet in Mozambique on 10th December 2019. The Indian High Commission in Mozambique supported the event.
- ESC with the support of Embassy of India, Paris, France organised visit of 5 Indian IT SMEs for an “ICT Business Networking Meet” on February 21, 2020 in Paris, France.
- ESC organised Mega Global MSME Business Summit on 3-4 March 2020 at Hyderabad as a co-located event with Indiasoft 2020. The event was attended by around 500 Indian and Global IT players.
- ESC organised 20th edition of Reverse Buyer Seller Meet for Electronics and IT / ITeS – INDIASOFT on 3-4 March 2020 in which 350 foreign delegates from over 50 countries networked with 200 Indian ICT exhibitors.
- ESC and IIFT organised an interactive session on Sector Specific Logistics in ESC House, New Delhi on 10th June 2019 at 4 PM. The meeting focussed on issues and challenges related to sector specific logistics of electronics sector.
- ESC organsied members meeting with a delegation from Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) in ESC House, New Delhi on 8th August 2019.
- ESC organised members meet in Chennai on 16th September 2019 to discuss issues related to export of electronics and computer software. A presentation on IT Opportunities in Emerging Global Markets was also made.
- ESC organised members meet in Bengaluru on 17th September 2019 to discuss issues related to export of electronics and computer software. A presentation on IT Opportunities in Emerging Global Markets was also made.
- ESC organised ICT companies meet and INDIASOFT Curtain Raiser in Rajkot on 27th September 2019 in association with Federation of IT Association of Gujarati (FITAG) and Rajkot IT Association (RITA).
- Logistics Conclave and Conference : ESC organised Electronics Sector session in Logistics Conclave and Conference held at IIFT on 19-20 November 2019. The session was chaired by Shri N Sivasailam, Special Secretary, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Workshop on How to get US Clients : ESC jointly organised a session for the benefit of members on 24th November 2019. Mr. Willpower Harris, an USA expert shared his experience and ways to penetrate the US market with the Indian ICT companies.
- A session on “Data Centers are the Engine of Digital Transformation” was promoted by ESC on 21 November 2019 which included CEO Round Table with Mr. Buddy Rizer sharing his knowledge on the subject with Indian companies
- ESC organised a seminar on Cyber Threat Intelligence with Revolution of AI and 3D Printing on 6th December 2019 at India Habitat Center, New Delhi. The speakers included :
- Shri Amit Dubey : Dy, CTO, Tech Mahindra
- Shri NeelkanthBakshi : Officer in- charge, Delhi BJP — IT and Social Media Cell
- Ms. Khushbu Jain, Lawyer : Supreme Court of India
- Ms AnubhutiBhranyKaul : Head Government Relations, India, HP Inc
- ESC organised members B2B meet with an Israeli Cyber Security Delegation on 17th December 2019 at Hotel Taj Palace, Delhi. The delegation comprised of officials from Israeli Government’s Cyber Directorate and some leading Cyber Security companies.
- ESC organised members meeting with Dr. Pooja Lakhanpal, IIFT who is conducting a study on MAI scheme on the directions of DoC in Bengaluru on 12th February 2020.
- ESC organised a workshop on ” The Keys of Scaling Up Through Consciousness” on Monday, 2nd March 2020, from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm at the HICC, Hyderabad. This was an application-oriented exercise that focused on unravelling the reasons that stop organizations from scaling up. Furthermore, the workshop presented participants with simple and implementable solutions to uproot the identified challenges.
- Under the Champion Services Sector Promotion Scheme of Government of India, ESC has received approval for the following activities :
- Setting up Business and Marketing assistance office for Indian IT SMEs in existing infrastructure for soft landing in US.
- Setting up Business and Marketing assistance office for Indian IT SMEs in existing infrastructure for soft landing in UK
- B2B Strategic services networking meet between Indian IT and IT/ITeS buyers from Japan and Republic of Korea.
Soon ESC will be initiating the above projects for the benefit of IT MSMEs.
- Department of Commerce
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry
- Room No : 223C, Udyog Bhawan NEW DELHI – 110 107
- Tel : 23062929 (Direct); & 23062261 – Extn. 454
- Email: renu[dot]lata[at]gov[dot]in